Kalkandu Bhath is a sweet and tasty rice dish, prepared with rice, sugar candy nuts and dry fruits in Iyengar style.
- 1 cup Raw rice
- 1 1/2 cups Big kalkandu /Sugar candy, roughly crushed
- 1 pinch Saffron, soaked in a tbsp of hot milk.
- 10 Cashews
- 10 Raisins/Kismis
- Little Pachaikarpooram
- 3 Cardamom, powdered
- 4 cups Milk
- 6 tablespoons Ghee
- Roast cashews and raisins in ghee. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook rice in milk for 4 whistles and mash well.
- Add kalkandu to the mashed rice and mix well until it dissolves.
- Add half of the ghee, powdered cardamom, saffron and pachaikarpooram and stir for a while.
- Add the remaining ghee and garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
- Serve Kalkandu Bhath at room temperature.