Lentil curry cooked along with tangy sorrel leaves
- 3 cups Gongura, chopped
- 1/2 cup chana dal, soaked in water for hour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 garlic pods
- 6 green chillies
- 3 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Crackle mustard seeds, asafoetia, green chillies, garlic and onion. Saute till onions are soft.
- Add chana dal, cook for 3-5 minutes. Add gongura leaves and turmeric powder and cook until leaves are soft.
- Adjust taste with tamarind, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add some water and cook until dal done. Serve Gongura Pulusu Koora hot along with rice.