Spicy steamed rice cooked along with ivy gourd
- 1 cup rice, soaked in water
- 1 cup tondli, washed and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick, inch long
- 2 Cloves
- 3 Green Cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds. Roast bay leaf, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon stick for 20 seconds.
- Fry onion till they are translucent.
- Stir fry ivy gourd. Add salt and cook till soft.
- Add rice along with stir fried tondli mixture in pressure cooker.
- Add spice powders and salt. Add sufficient water and pressure cook till rice is cooked.
- Serve tondli bhaat hot along with koshimbir.