Coconut and jaggery stuffed dumpling popular during famous Ganesh Chaturthi festival
- 1/2 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup Rava / Semolina
- 1 cup Coconut, grated
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Salt as needed
- Roast jaggery, coconut and cardamom powder into dry mixture. Keep aside.
- Knead maida and rava with milk into stiff dough. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Take small piece of dough and flatten using hands into disc.
- Place filling in center and pull edges to give modak shape.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve modak hot.