Xewali Phoolor Khar
Curry made from fragrant flowers from North East
- Category: Assamese Recipes, Curry Recipes
- 2 cups Fresh or Dried Xewali Phool / Night-flowering Jasmine
- 1 Raw Papaya or Squash, cubed
- 1 cup Mosur Dail / red lentil
- Mustard Oil
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- Ginger - Half inch piece, crushed
- 6 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 3 Green Chilly, slit lengthwise
- Heat oil. Fry ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add mosur dail, xewali phool and papaya. Mix and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, soda and water. Pressure cook till dail is cooked.
- Temper with hot oil. Serve Xewali Phoolor Khar hot with rice