Pacha Mochai Poriyal is often made during Pongal season in Tamil Nadu. Pacha Mochai Poriyal is simple stir fried preparation from fresh lima beans /broad beans.
- 500 grams Pacha Mochai / tender lima beans
- 1 cup onion/shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic pods, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coconut
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Pressure cook Pacha Mochai with little water for 2 whistles.
- Heat oil. Splutter fennel seeds, garlic, curry leaves and ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Add and fry shallots till color changes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix.
- Add cooked Pacha Mochai and mix well till masala coats beans.
- Add grated coconut. Mix well. Continue cooking for few minutes.
- Serve Pacha Mochai Poriyal hot with roti / rice.