For those who don’t know how to make coconut milk – Take cup of fresh coconut, cut into pieces. Combine it with 2 cups of water and blend it smooth. Pour the blended mixture over a bowl covered with cotton or muslin cloth. Squeeze the juice with your hands and what you get in the bowl is coconut milk.
Take small portion of Coconut Milk and dates in the blender and blend it first. Once they have blended well together, put the remaining coconut milk and vanilla essence in the blender and blend again.
- 1/2 liter Coconut Milk
- 250 grams Dates, adjust based on sweetness of dates.
- 7 drops Vanila Essence
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Keep the Coconut Milk in the fridge for around 15-20 minutes.
- Take small portion of Coconut Milk and dates in the blender and blend it first. (Make sure you remove the seeds from the dates before blending.)
- Once they have blended well together, put the remaining coconut milk and vanilla essence in the blender and blend again.
- Pour the mixture in an air tight container and put it in the refrigerator for around 6 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and blend it again in the blender to form a smooth textured mixture. Put it back in the refrigerator and let it freeze.
- You can sprinkle cinnamon powder and some honey while serving if you wish to.
- Your guilt free vagan Coconut milk and dates icecream is ready!