Steam cooked flattened rice with simple spices and tomato
- 2 cups thick Poha
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cashew
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 6 curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish.
- Finely chopped tomato to garnish (optional)
- Besan flour sev to garnish (optional)
- Wash the thick poha with cool water until moistened. Poha should be damp but not soggy.
- Heat oil in pan. Crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped cashew, green chillies.
- Add chopped onion and cook till soft.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and sugar in it.
- Add moistened poha and mix carefully in low flame.
- Add lemon juice and continue to cook stirring frequently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, tomatoes and sev. Serve hot.