Porridge of whole, hulled wheat made in Rajasthan. The recipe is popularly made on Akshay Tritiya which occurs around April.
- 2 cups wheat, hulled and broken
- 1 tablespoon whole moong dal
- 1 tablespoon chana dal / split bengal gram
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- salt to taste
- Ghee roast wheat for two minutes.
- Pressure cook wheat along with dal, turmeric powder, salt and 4-5 cups of water for about 30 minutes till wheat is cooked.
- Adjust consistency with warm water.
- Serve Gahun ka kheech hot along with ghee and kadhi / aam panna / badi ki sabji / jaggery / galvani.