Fresh tender Eggplant prepared with pickling spices
- Category: Lakhnawi Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 2 eggplant, sliced in cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green chilies, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon tap hing (asafoetida)
- 1/4 teaspoon kalonji (nigella seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon zeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon rai (mustard seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1/8 teaspoon methi (fenugreek seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tap amchur (raw mango powder)
- Heat oil. Stir fry eggplant till tender.
- Temper with oil fried mustard seeds, cumin seed, nigella seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, ginger, garlic, onion.
- Mix eggplant with tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric, amchur and tempering. Stir.