Mungi Dal Pakoda are crispy and soft fritters made with lentils. It is a delicious tea time snack that can be served with mint chutney.
- 2 cups yellow moong lentils (mungi ki daal), soaked in about 1 ½ cups water for a few hours
- 2 whole green chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Grind soaked mung daal with its water to a fine paste.
- Add chopped chilies, cilantro, turmeric and salt to the paste and mix well.
- Deep fry small portions of batter in hot oil till golden on outside.
- Serve Mungi daal ka pakoda hot with mint chutney.