Mungodi is a tasty curry made with day-old lentil fritters. You can serve this curry with rice.
- 3 cups mungi daal pakodas/ lentil fritters
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ginger, inch long, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Grind tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger with a little water in a blender.
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil. Splutter cumin seeds. Add ground tomato mixture. Roast for 10-15 min.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder. Adjust taste with dry mango powder, salt and chilli powder.
- Mix well. Cook covered for 15 min.
- Add 5 cups water. Bring to boil. Add lentil fritters/ mung dal pakodas. Simmer for 10 min.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve Mungodi curry hot with rice.