Spicy pickle of drumsticks
- 250 grams drumstick
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 pinches hing / asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper grounded
- 1 teaspoon saunf / fennel seed powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons broken yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- Wash drumstick with water. Dry them and cut into inch long pieces.
- Mix with water and keep them in air tight container for 3 days. Stir them occasionally once or twice in between.
- Heat oil. Allow it to cool and then add hing, turmeric powder, saunf powder and mix.
- Add marinated drumsticks, red chilli powder, salt, mustard seed powder, black pepper and mix.
- Store in airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Serve sahjan ki phalli ka achar as side dish.