Kadhi is very common in Indian kitchen. Made from gram flour and curd, it adds the missing protein in the vegetarian diet. Lila lasan kadhi is gram curd curry made using seasonally available green garlic in parts of Gujarat.
- 250 grams lila lasan / green garlic
- 1 cup dahi / curd
- 1 1/2 tablespoons besan / gram flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon methidana / fenugreek seeds
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon oil for tempering
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- Whisk yogurt with 4 cups of water, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and besan. Avoid formation of lumps.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and methidana. Saute.
- Add chopped green garlic leaves and stir fry for 3-4 minutes till green garlic is done.
- Add curd mixture and stir till it boils.
- Adjust taste with salt.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Temper the Kadhi with hot oil and fried mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Serve lila lasan ni kadhi along with steamed rice