Chikkudukaya kura is simple recipe from Chikkudu kaya / broad beans made in Andhra pradesh. This chikkudukaya kura recipe entails stir frying broad beans with readily available spices.
- 500 grams sliced Broad beans, destringed, halved and chopped into pieces
- 2 pototoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chana dal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons urad dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Boil broad beans in water till beans are tender. Keep aside.
- Similarly boil potatoes in water till potatoes are little soft. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal and dry red chilli. Roast for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Roast for a minute.
- Add cooked potatoes and beans. Mix well.
- Adjust taste with salt. Mix.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve Chikkudukaya Koora hot with chapati.