Sukha Bateta Nu Shaak
Mashed boiled potatoes in spices
- 1 kilogram potatoes, peeled, diced, cubed and boiled in salt water till tender.
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons green chilli
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 15 whole cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons concentrated tomato purée
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee. Roast cumin seeds, ginger, chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and cashew nuts. Saute for few minutes till nuts are brown.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes. Mix and cook covered. Mash few pieces of potatoes to adjust consistency.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes till all water is absorbed.
- Adjust taste with salt, sugar, lemon and black pepper.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve sukha batata nu shaak with hot puffed puris and yogurt.