A gluten free grain, amaranth or rajgira is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Easy to prepare and ready in minutes, rajgira puri is a special delectable treat popularly made during fasts.
- Category: Bread Recipes, North Indian, West India
- 1 cup amaranth/rajgira flour
- 1 potato, medium sized, cleaned, boiled, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Mix amaranth flour with all the ingredients except oil. Add little water at time and knead into soft dough. and water
- Divide the dough into small equal parts and roll each part into small discs by pressing the dough with your hands.
- Heat the oil and fry the puris till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve rajgira puri hot along with sabji.