Fresh turmeric pickled in mustard oil. Learn how to make below –
- 250 grams fresh turmeric / kachi haldi, peeled and grated
- 100 grams mustard oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fenugreek seed powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon soonth / dried ginger powder
- 2 pinches Hing / asafoetida
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice, fresh
- Heat oil. Roast grated turmeric.
- Add hing, fenugreek, salt and other spices. Mix well.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once cool, add lemon juice
- Allow to rest. Mix after 4-5 hours.
- Store in air tight glass container. Place the container in sunlight for 2-3 days to enhance pickling.
- Excess oil keeps the pickle good for 6 months.
- Enjoy Kachi haldi ka achar with parathas!