Simple yogurt based curry using fresh turmeric root! Turmeric root is a seasonal ingredient. Generally turmeric crop takes 9-12 months to grow. Winter is the time they generally harvest turmeric. So, it is the best time to try this kachi haldi ki recipe when you fits its availability. Learn how to make it below –
- 200 grams kachi haldi / fresh turmeric rhizome, peel and grated
- 1 cup Peas
- 2 cups Dahi/ Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 6 green chillies finely chopped
- Salt to Taste
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Add and stir fry grated turmeric as it changes colour and raw smell goes away.
- Add peas and stir fry till they are soft. Add bit water if required.
- Add spices powder and mix well.
- Reduce heat and add yogurt. Cook for 2-3 minutes till peas are cooked.
- Serve kachi haldi ki sabzi along with hot rotis!