Kathal Ki Dum Biryani
Biryani preparation with raw Jackfruit
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Rice Recipes, Uttar Pradesh Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati rice, soaked
- 1 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves, chopped
- 3 Green chillies slit
- Garam masala powder
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sambhar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- saffron, some strands
- 3 Cardamoms
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Kathal / Raw jackfruit, small half
- 1 1/2 cups Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Deep fry cut jackfruit in oil till they are golden brown
- Pressure cook rice with water such that strands are loose.
- Marinate jackfruit with yougurt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder and salt. Keep aside for about half hour.
- Heat oil. Splutter bay leaves, cloves. Fry cardamom and onion till onion are transparent.
- Add tomato and fry till they cook.
- Add red chilli, turmeric, cumin powder, corinader powder, sambhar powder, salt. Saute for few minutes and switch off flame.
- Mix marinated jackfruit and yogurt mixture. Keep gravy aside.
- To make biryani, in a bowl make layers of rice, jackfruit curry spread between layers. Pour saffron soaked in milk.
- Place mint leaves, coriander leaves and sprinkle garam masala powder for top layer.
- Steam this rice covered for 15-30 minutes till flavours are absorbed by rice.
- Serve Kathal Ki Dum Biryani hot along with yogurt.