Upasacha Sabudana Vada
Crispy fried patties made from tapioca pearl (sabudana), mashed potato and roasted peanuts. Often used during fasting.
- 1 cup Sabudana / Sago, soaked with twice amount of water for 3 hrs.
- 2 cups Potato, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Peanut, roasted coarsely grounded
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Green chili, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons Coriander leaver
- Rock Salt as per taste
- 4 cups Oil
- Strain sabudana. Mix with mashed potatoes, peanut powder, green chillies, ginger, lemon juice and rock salt. Mix well.
- Take portion of mixture at a time and make flat vada/ patties.
- Heat oil. Deep fry vada till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Upasacha Sabudana Vada along with sweet whisked yogurt.