Gobi Dente Teppla Sukke
Cauliflower florets are most commanly used in cooking, while its stem is often discarded. This recipe of Gobi dente teppla sukke is spicy preparation made by Konkani community from cauliflower stems and coconut with seasoning of Indian sichuan pepper or teppal.
- Category: Goan Recipes, Konkani Recipes, Mangalorean Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 cup Cauliflower stems, nicely cut in desired shapes
- 10 Teppal, discard seeds, crush and soak in water
- 3 kokum pieces
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 potato, cubed
- Grind coconut and red chilies along with turmeric powder and little water to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add and stir fry cauliflower stems and potatoes.
- Add kokum and teppal. Mix well. Add little water.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground paste. Mix well.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes till cauliflower stems are nicely cooked.
- Serve Gobi dente teppla sukke with rice.