Bajra is common winter food. It is believed to provide required warmth to the body. This lasooni bajra kadhi is Gujarati special dish made from replacing gram flour in kadhi recipe and spicing it up with seasonal green garlic / lila lasan.
- 250 grams fresh green garlic / lila lasan, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pearl millet / bajri flour
- 3 tablespoons dahi
- 1 piece ginger 1/2 inch long, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 green chillies, finely minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch hing
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green garlic, for garnish
- 2 dried red chillies, broken
- Whisk bajra flour along with curd, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups water. Avoid formation of lumps. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and green garlic. Saute till onions change colour.
- Add curd mixutre and stir. Bring to boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Temper with hot ghee, fried mustard seeds and dried red chilli.
- Garnish with little chopped garlic green.
- Serve lasuni bajra kadhi hot with rice.