Bhindi Basar Patata
Simple okra and potato preparation
- 1/4 kilogram Bhindi / okra, cut in inch long pieces
- 1 Tomato, large sized
- Ginger, chopped
- 1 Potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 Onions
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 -3 Green chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Stir fry okra and potatoes separately till slightly cooked. Sprinkle salt and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry onions, tomato, chillies and ginger till tomatoes are done.
- Add potatoes and okra with spoonful of water. Add spice powders and salt.
- Cook covered till potatoes are done.
- Garnish with coriander, and serve Bhindi Basar Patata with roti.