Assamese cuisine made from stir frying tender banana stem with khar / alkali water.
- 1 posola / banana stem, medium size - tender edible part
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2 green chillies
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon kola khar (alternately use pinch of soda)
- Salt to taste
- Grate or chop posola. Soak in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Take out of water and crush the posola by hand. Keep aside.
- HEat oil. Saute garlick, ginger and chillies for few minutes.
- Add posola, kola khar and salt. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook till posola is cooked.
- Serve posola khar with rice.