Holud Mishti Pulao is common rice preparation in traditional Bengali wedding. This aromatic sweet rice dish with rich colours of turmeric goes well with spicy curries.
- 2 cups Aromatic rice / Gobindobhog chal
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Cardamom
- 3 clove
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 10 cashew
- 15 Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon Holud/ Turmeric powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Sugar, as per taste
- Wash rice and soak for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Splutter bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and clove. Roast till flavours are released.
- Add nuts, roast them till light brown.
- Then add the raisins, turmeric powder and rice. Mix well.
- Add salt, sugar and 3-4 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low flame till rice is cooked.
- Serve holud misthi pulao hot with curry.