Hawai mubi ga Hawai Tharak thongba is mix vegetable curry made using peas and broad beans in local Manipuri way.
- 1 cup fava beans / hawai mubi, washed and cut
- 2 potatos, peeled and cubed
- 1 tomato, chopped in large pieces
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 5 green chllies, chopped
- 5 garlic pods
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon feneugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Spring onions, for garnish
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Saute.
- Add and fry onions, garlic and green chillies. Fry till onions change colour.
- Add and stir fry beans and potatoes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till potatoes done
- Add tomato and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve Hawai mubi ga Hawai Tharak thongba with rice.