Kerala style star fruit pickle.
- 250 grams Star fruit, salted
- 3 Garlic bulbs, peeled
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 4 Green chilies, chopped
- Few Curry leaves
- 3 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil as required
- Heat oil and fry green chilies and curry leaves.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes until golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, asafetida, and mustard powder. MIx well.
- Add a cup of water and vinegar. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and cook covered for few minutes.
- Add star fruit, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve Chathura puli Chammanthi after 2 days.