Kane Hindri or Indori is a traditional cuisine of GSB community in Konkan and Manglore area. Traditionally indoris are made by roasting unpolished, red, parboiled rice and then crushing with mortar and pestle to fine powder. It is combined with jaggery syrup and coconut and shaped using traditional bronze moulds / gindal.
- 4 cups Brown poha (made from red matta rice, thick variety)
- 2 cups Coconut, grated
- 250 grams Jaggery
- Dry roast poha till crisp. Grind to fine powder when cool.
- Make jaggery syrup with single thread consistency.
- Add coconut and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add powdered poha and mix well.
- Stop heating and immediately shape using greased indori moulds