Khandeshi Vangi Bharit
This spicy eggplant side dish from northwestern Maharashtra is variant of popular baingan bharata. However khandeshi vangi bharit is hotter and much spicier. Peanuts are peculiarity of vanghi bharit recipe. Vangi bharti is best served with jowari bhakri and thecha.
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1 1/2 Spring Onion
- 1 cup Onions
- 1 tablespoon Peanut
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 5 Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Coconut
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- Roast eggplant on open stove /oven. Peel carefully and mash eggplant.
- Heat oil and saute cumin seeds, peanut, coconut, roasted green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, spring onions and other spices.
- Cook covered for 5-7 minutes.
- Adjust taste with salt and red chlli powder.
- Garnish and serve Khandeshi Vangi Bharit hot along with chapati or bhakri.