Pickle made with bilimbi / fruits of tree sorrel
- 1 cup Bimbul/Bilimbi, chopped to medium sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 10 Red chillies
- 2 -3 Green chillies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Asafetida
- 1 inch piece Ginger, chopped
- Apply salt to Bimbul pieces and keep overnight.
- Take red chillies, mustard seeds and the water drained from salted bimbul in a grinder and grind to a fine paste.
- Add the paste to bimbul pieces along with boiled and cooled water and asafetida.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté ginger and green chillies.
- Pour this seasoning over the pickle.
- Serve Bimbla nonche with rice, idli etc.