Gota Seddho Ghugni
Traditional five different whole lentils boiled along with whole vegetables. Typically used as a ritual for “Shitol Shosthi” which is the day after Saraswati Pujo
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes
- 3/4 cup Black eyed peas
- 1/4 cup baby flatbeans /shim
- 3 Whole baby potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 3 Whole baby eggplants, halved
- 1/4 cup whole black urad dal
- 1/4 cup Whole green grams/ moong
- 1/2 cup Whole yellow peas
- 1/4 cup Brown chickpeas
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium
- 2 Tomato medium (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed
- 2 Bay leaf
- 2 Dry red chilli
- 2 tablespoons Ginger and chilli paste
- 3 Green chilli
- Turmeric powder as required
- Sugar as required
- Salt as required
- Soak all lentils for atleast 6 hours. Pressure cook lentils along with potatoes, salt, turmeric and water till done.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, dry chilli and bay leaf for a minute. Fry ginger garlic paste for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and vegetables. Mix all spices and salt. Cook for a minute.
- Add boiled lentil, potatoes, green chillies and water. Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 mintues. Adjust taste with salt and sugar.
- Serve Gota Seddho Ghugni hot with rice.