Paiox is a very popular Assamese dessert made with rice and milk. It is commonly prepared as an offering to God.
- Category: Assamese Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- 1/2 cup Joha rice, soaked for an hour
- 1 1/2 liters Milk
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Few Bay leaves
- Few Cashew nuts
- Few Cardamoms
- A small piece Cinnamon
- Few Raisins
- 1 pinch Edible Camphor (optional).
- Boil rice in milk, stirring frequently on a medium flame.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except sugar.
- Once rice is fully cooked, add sugar.
- Cook until the right consistency is reached.
- Serve Paiox warm.