Yellow peas cooked with green onions and ginger
- 1 cup yellow peas, soaked for 4 hrs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 4 dried red chilies
- Few sprigs of green onions
- Few sprigs of chinese chives
- 3 pinches baking soda
- salt to taste.
- Pressure cook yellow peas along with baking soda and water till soft.
- Heat oil. Fry chillies, chives and green onions till onions are brown.
- Add cooked peas along with cup of water. Bring to boil.
- Simmer till thick consistency is obtained. Add salt and ginger.
- Serve Mang-gan Ooti hot with rice