Carrots pickled along with ginger, lemon and spices.
- 500 grams carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 50 grams ginger, sliced
- 7 green chilies, slit half
- 1 lemon large, juiced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds, halved husked
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Dry roast ajwain seeds, fenugreek seeds. Grind them along with mustard seeds.
- Heat oil. Roast carrots, chillies and ginger.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well so that all ingredients are wrapped together. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool. Add lemon juice and mix well. Adjust taste with salt.
- Refrigerate and store. Serve gajar ka achar as side dish with parathas!