Simple and quick carrot pickle using pickle spices and lemon juice.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed powder
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida / hing
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 lemon large, juiced
- Salt as per taste
- Marinate carrots with mustard seed powder, lemon juice and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Fry mustard seeds. Remove and keep aside.
- In same oil, splutter mustard seeds and asafoetida. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Remove the fried spices aside. Allow to cool.
- Crush fried fenugreek seeds and mix along with spice mixture to marinated carrots. Adjust taste with salt.
- Refrigerate Gajarache lonche - carrot pickle.