Patali Gur er Payesh
Rice pudding with jaggery from date palm
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 3/4 cup rice, long grain , soaked for an hour
- 2 liters Milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Patali gur / Jaggery
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- Bring milk to boil. Now on low heat continue heating milk while preventing it from spilling over.
- Add soaked rice and allow to cook for about 30-40 minutes till rice is disintegrated and mushy.
- Add sugar, jaggery and almonds. Stir.
- Refrigerate and serve thick Patali Gur er Payesh.