Strips of Lentil mixed with curd and spices
- Category: Gujarati Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup besan
- 1 cup Curd/ Yogurt
- 1 pinch, Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 pinch Asafetida / Hing
- 1 green chili, slit and halved
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- Mix besan flour, hing, turmeric, salt and yogurt into lump free batter. Add a cup of water and blend well. Steam the batter till besan is cooked.
- On back of a flat plate or flat metal surface, place hot steamed batter and spread using spoon.
- As the batter cools, it sets. Cut length wise and then using knife roll up the edges and then continue rolling with hand to make khandvi rolls.
- Temper the khandvi with hot oil and fried mustard seeds and green chillies.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut. Serve Khandvi hot with tamarind or coriander chutney.