Kathiyawadi vagharelo rotlo
This is unique recipe from Gujarat made from cooking leftover bajra bread/rotla with commonly available spices and herbs. Quick to make, Kathiyawadi vagharelo rotlo is a delicacy!
- Category: Curry Recipes, Gujarati Recipes
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder / cumin seed powder
- 2 bajra roti, crushed into pieces by hand
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 7 Garcli cloves, chopped
- 1 tomoato, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic/lehsun chutney
- 1 cup dahi / yougrt
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter cumin seeds, curry leaves and hing.
- Add green chillies, garlic cloves, onion and saute till onions are cooked.
- Add tomotoes and little water. Cover and cook till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric poweder, jeera powder, and coriander seed powder. Mix well and roast spices.
- Add lehsun chutney and mix well.
- Reduce flame and add dahi.Mix well continuously.Cook till oil separates.
- Add water to adjust consistency. Bring to boil on low flame.
- Add rotla pieces. Mix well till spices coat the rotla pieces.
- Adjust taste with salt.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes till roti is soft.
- Garnish with garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Serve vagharelo rotla hot with rice or roti.