Kerala style spicy and tangy tomato soup
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Soup Recipes
- 3 large Tomato
- 5 Shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 5 Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 Dry red chilly
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 -3 pinches Asafetida
- Coarsely grind shallots, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic and peppercorns.
- Boil tomatoes, water and tamarind paste.
- Add the coarsely ground ingredients, spice powders and salt.
- Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add red chilly and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds and add asafetida.
- Pour this seasoning over the rasam.
- Serve Thakkali rasam hot with rice.