A popular snack of the Malabar area, made with banana and rice flour.
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Rice Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup Raw rice, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups powdered Jaggery
- 10 Bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups grated Coconut
- Banana leaves, cut into medium sized pieces
- Melt jaggery by heating it in 1/4 cup water.
- Grind raw rice to a fine powder.
- Combine jaggery, rice powder, banana and coconut in a bowl to form a thick pourable batter.
- Shape banana leaf it into a cone and fill it with the dough.
- Fold over the open edges and steam cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve Kayada with hot tea.