Lentil curry is often made along with leafy green vegetables. This is good way of adding nutrients to the lentil curry. This recipe uses the kulfa green while cooking lentils.
- 2 bunches Kulfa Saag, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 cup tuar dal, soaked for half hour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt as per taste
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Fry onion till translucent.
- Fry tomato for some time. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder. Saute for minute.
- Add dal, kulfa leaves and 2 cups water. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles /till dal is cooked.
- Allow dal to cool. Blend dal along with tamarind paste.
- Serve kulfa ki dal hot along with rice / roti.