Tasty chutney made with pumpkin and coconut
- Category: Chutney Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 1/4 cup Yellow pumpkin, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small piece Tamarind
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida
- 1 small piece Jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 2 Dry red chilly
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cook pumpkin with tamarind ,asafetida, jaggery, water and salt till pumpkin pieces are soft.
- Dry roast urad dal and dry red chilly.
- Grind grated coconut, curry leaves, roasted urad dal, dry red chilly and cooked pumpkin into a fine paste.
- Serve Mathanga chammanthi wtih rice.