Spicy and tangy side dish prepared with star fruit and peppers.
- 4 unripe Starfruits, diced
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 green Capsicum, chopped
- 2 small Tomatoes chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- Handful of Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Mango powder / amchur
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar or Jaggery
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.
- Add asafetida, ginger garlic paste, green onions and peppers. Saute till onions turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes and star fruit. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add water and spices. Cook covered until star fruit is tender.
- Add lime juice and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve Kamrakh mirchi ki sabji hot with chapati or rice.