A simple and easy to make tamarind curry
- 1 cup Shallots
- 7 Dry chilly
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 lemon sized Tamarind, soaked in water and pulp extracted
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons Asafetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add shallots and dry chilly. Fry for few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Add half of the tamarind water and switch off. Allow it to cool.
- Mash the mixture using your hand and add the remaining tamarind water.
- Cook this mixture for 5-6 minutes.
- Add fenugreek powder, asafoetida and salt to taste. Switch off the stove.
- Serve Verum puli with rice.