Rildok / रिल्दोक is popular soup from Himalayan region in Nepal and Sikkim made from mashed potatoes and flavoured with Timur / Himalayan Sichuan pepper.
- Category: Sikkim Recipes
- 3 Potaotes, boiled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tomato, finely chopped
- 4 garlic
- 1 teaspoon timur / Sichuan pepper
- coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Jimbu / local herb similar to onion leaves (use spring onion instead)
- Mash boiled potatoes till extremely smooth and flowy.
- Heat 2 tsp oil. Splutter cumin seeds.
- Add and fry onions till they change colour. Add garlic. Saute.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add timur. Mix well. Saute for 2-3 mintues till tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Add 3 cups water. Bring to boil.
- Now add dumplings of mashed potatoes slowly in boiling mixture.Stir in between.
- Garnish with spring onions, coriander leaves.
- Serve Rildok as appetizing soup.