Sem matar aloo is a North Indian recipe made from stir fried field beans along with potatoes and peas.
- 250 grams flat bean / Sem
- 1/2 cup Peas / Matar, fresh
- 2 potoatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 5 Garlic pods, chopped
- 1 piece Ginger, inch long and grated
- 1 pinch Hing / asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Amchur Powder, as per taste
- Sugar, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Methidana / Fenugreek, powdered
- Heat oil. Splutter hing, methidana, green chillies, garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Add and stir fry sem, potatoes and peas. Mix well.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till potatoes are cooked
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar. Add amchur and garam masala. Mix well. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve Sem Aloo matar hot with roti.