Poleka Golbheda ko achaar
Poleka Golbheda ko achaar is ketchup made from roasted tomatoes and spiced with local pepper. Golbheda ko achaar is very popoular local Nepali recipe.
- Category: Sikkim Recipes
- 5 tomatoes, local variety
- 3 Garlic pods
- 15 Timur / Sichuan peppercorn, whole
- 3 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 onion, chopped - optional
- Coriander leaves
- Roast whole tomatoes and green chillies, till tomatoes are soft and skin is bit charred. Remove charred tomato skin. Keep aside.
- Using mortar and pestle, grind garlic pods, timur and cumin seeds.
- Add roasted tomatoes and green chillies and grind them together.
- Garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve Poleka Golbheda ko achaar as side dish.