Palak paneer is a popular curry recipe. This recipe replaces paneer with makhana.
- Category: Curry Recipes, North Indian, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 bunch, Palak/spinach - cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup Phool makhana
- 1 cup Methi leaves/ fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 4 Garlic pods
- 4 Green chillies
- Coriander leaves, few chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Heat ghee. Roast Makhana till colour changes. Keep aside
- Blanch spinach leaves using boiling water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry garlic pod and green chillies.
- Add chopped methi leaves and coriander leaves. Cover and cook till leaves wilt.
- Add blanched palak and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Allow mixture to cool and grind. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry chopped onions, chopped tomatoes till soft.
- Add spice powders and transfer palak mixture.
- Adjust taste with salt and chilli powder.
- Add makhana, mix and continue cooking. Adjust consistency with little hot water.
- Serve palak makhana curry with roti / rice.