Fried flattened cheese balls dunked in flavoured milk – Rasabali. This dessert is served as evening snacks to Lord Shri Baladeba Jew from Kendrapara district, famed as Tulasi Kshetra in Odisha
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Oriya Recipes, Recipes for Kids
- 500 grams Chhena
- 1 liter Milk
- 250 grams Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Ghee for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons refined flour / maida
- Knead cheena with flour and salt till it is lumpless to smooth soft dough.
- Make small balls of dough. Flatten into dish. Deep fry in hot ghee in low flame till brown on all sides. Drain excess oil.
- In a pan, bring milk to boil. Add cardamom powder and sugar. Keep stirring.
- Dunk hot fried chhena balls into flavoured milk. Allow them to soak flavoured milk.
- Serve rasabali at room temperature. Garnish with saffron or crushed dried fruits.